|Home||» Products||» Immunization & Vaccination Drugs||» Energix B Vaccine|
Energix B Vaccine is commercially available as a sterile suspension, ready to use forI.M.injection. The vial must be shaken well before administration.Paediatric & Adolescent dose: Each 0.5ml dose contains 10mcg of Hepatitis Bsurface antigen (purified) adsorbed on 0.25mg Aluminium as Aluminium hydroxideand 0.025mg of Thiomersal as preservative.Adult doseEach 1 ml adult dose contains 20 mcg of Hepatitis B surface antigen (purified) adsorbedon 0.5 mg Aluminium as Aluminium hydroxide and 0.05mg of Thiomersal aspreservative.
INDICATIONS AND USAGE:-
Elovac-B Vaccine is indicated for immunization against infection caused by all knownsubtypes of Hepatitis B virus.Routine vaccinationNew born, infants, children and adolescents.Vaccination of defined high risk populationsHigh risk populations
1. People who have a job that involves contact with human blood (Ex: Health carepersonnel, Military personnel etc.)
2. Travelers to area where Hepatitis B is common.
3. Injectable drug abusers.
4. Patients who may require multiple blood transfusions.
5. Persons originating from areas of high endemicity.
6. Persons who have sex with someone infected with HBV
7. Persons who have sex with more than one partner.
8. Men who have sex with men.
9. People who live in the same house with someone who has chronic HBV infection.
10.Infants born to HBV positive mothers.